Monday, September 27, 2010

Goblin Squad


I consider my last experiment largely as failed, mostly due to the lack of profitable glyphs at low levels. While I was able to make a steady income, it just was not enough to keep my greedy mind interested.

Instead, I began preparing for the Cataclysm release and on planning my new all goblin multiboxing team!

The first and most important decision now is on group composition. What are the possibilities for my goblin squad?

Goblins have access to nearly all classes, except for paladin and druid. This results in limited choices regarding the tank: either warrior or death knight. As I have a deep aversion against the death knight class, this choice is pretty easy. I also don't particularly enjoy playing the cloth classes mage, priest and warlock (maybe I will take those with a possible gnome team, as I am pretty much stuck with the clothies there anyway...). Which leaves me with hunter, shaman, rogue and warrior and the following 3 setups:

  • All shaman: viable in PvP (battleground! arena: not so much) but no tank for instances. Even if I am able to gear one shaman as a tank, I would not be able to use the dungeon finder. In addition, the changes in Cataclysm will make tanks dependent on their talents for tanking. As shamans don't have any: tough luck.

  • Warrior tank plus four shaman: Much better for instances as it solves the missing tank problem, but quite useless in PvP.

  • Mixed Team (Warrior Tank, 3 Hunters/Rogues, Shaman Healer): Even more useless in PvP than the Tank/4 Shaman combo. PvE wise, this should be an a-ok setup while probably not as easy to play as the others. But this has one major advantage: it's a real goblin squad! With guns and stuff!

It seems like when it comes to utility, every multiboxing combo is inferior to my current Tauren team (one feral/moonkin druid as main and four elemental shaman). I have a real tank for PvE and a spellpower boosting laserchicken in PvP. I even get another knockback.

But then again, it's not easy being green.

No comments:

Post a Comment